A note on some of the places we visited during our time in Pasadena...
Santa Barbara
We enjoyed wandering around the historic buildings, had some great Mexican food and hung out by the sea.
Joshua Tree National Park
Great memories of camping here with a Huntington friend 10 years ago.
Palm Springs
We took the aerial tramway (it's like travelling from Mexico to Alaska in the space of a few minutes, apparently!). E got reacquainted with snow.
Both Joshua Tree and Palm Springs were actually stops on our drive to and from Tempe, AZ where I attended a conference.
San Diego
We absolutely loved Torrey Pines State Reserve and even had a swim in the sea.
And we also saw the replica Globe theatre in Balboa Park.
We visited some other places around Pasadena and Los Angeles too, of course, including...
Griffith Observatory
A beautiful building and amazing views.
Angeles National Forest
We had a great drive here one weekend with some stunning scenery and a little bit of tramping.
Santa Monica and UCLA
I went on a work visit to UCLA. Somehow I didn't take many pictures on this trip. E seemed happy to be back at the beach, though.
Gamble House
I meant to go back on a fine day but never got round to it. Next time!
There are so many places that I still haven't seen in that part of the world. So I suppose I'd better hope for a return visit.













No comments:
Post a Comment